MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager, Network Security Planning
- Secure MTN strategic network assets through efficient planning, design, optimization and operation of the network.
- Ensure critical enterprise network security infrastructure, architecture and best practices supports the present and future subscriber base as well as MTN products and services.
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing the Division’s processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimization etc), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Participate in Contract negotiations to reduce cost and drive MTNN Value Creation Philosophy.
- Ensure minimal loss on CAPEX/network operations from a network security perspective – target to be determined.
- Serve MTNN’s customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Drive an increase in MTNN’s Net Promoter Score
- Strategic Partnerships with MTNN leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviours and impact on non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
- Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity, including Perfect 10 Project.
- Partner with MTNN’s Ecosystem Partners to deliver business value.
- Collaborate with other business units in the development of business models for use in MTNN and develop measurement strategies to support ongoing strategy development and project optimization.
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Ensure development of enterprise network security architectures (e.g., people, processes, technology)
- Manage development of security architectural and development standards for all Network domains – (Data Centre, Radio, Core, IP, etc)
- Develop Network security monitoring and performance management process to improve customer experience
- Ensure network segments, network security elements such as firewalls and anti-DDoS, Load balancers, IPS, SS7,VPN, Two Factor authentication, TACASS, WAF, syslog etc. are designed and implemented optimally to secure MTN infrastructure perimeter, data centers and entry points
- Determine a holistic view of security requirements by evaluating current security operations and requirements; researching Network security standards; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues and preparing cost estimates;
- Ensure network security performance and optimization inputs reflect in new designs & configuration to ensure alignment with performance strategy and KPIs
- Ensure development of network security architecture for network operations as well as MTN developing business areas (Mobile, colocation, Enterprise, digital, EBU)
- Define network reference architecture (IT & telecoms) to manage threats, monitor implementation & compliance
- Ensure that technology, infrastructure, topology and capacity are designed to achieve performance KPIs as well as commercial targets
- Refine MTN Security reference architecture and test this architecture against MTN implementation and update as part of continuous security posture improvement
- Define future state security architectures in alignment with MTN technology strategy
- Manage CAPEX/OPEX Budget and support the end-to-end business planning process (PPOE presentation, BoQ and Equipment ordering)
- Obtain inputs and validate the MTN security reference architecture with key MTN partners and suppliers
- Responsible for design and architectures for MTN wide risk mitigation of key risk areas
- Determine holistic view of security requirements by evaluating current security operations and requirements; researching network security standards; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues and preparing cost estimates;
- Evaluate and manage outsourced / third-party technologies and hosting environments to ensure they provide adequate protection for the processing, transmission, and storage of MTN’s information;
- Manage development of architectural and development standards for all network devices and their security;
- Ensure standardized and aligned approach driven from Group Information Security for security architecture across MTN including own OPCO.
- Integration of designs to enterprise solutions such as response, monitoring, authentication, compliance etc.
- Provide periodic feedback to management about IP Network Security programs.
- Support the implementation of local and Group wide procedures, processes and awareness, security measures as well as other security solutions to ensure the security of all data, networks and new products and services.
- Awareness of vectors and threat landscape and continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen capabilities in an evolving digital world.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Review the performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Coach and train IP Network Security team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
Experience & Training
- 9-17 years of relevant working experience in GSM Network planning & operations (specifically security).
- 5 Years’ experience in managing and implementing large scale IP Network security projects
- 5 Years’ experience in GSM Network operations, planning , design and capacity management (specifically Security)
- 5 Years’ experience in IP core network technologies of a telecom environment
- Experience in forecasting long term network growth and technology direction
- 4-5 years working experience in managing information security in a large organization
- Experience in designing and implementing organisation wide IP Network security architecture and framework
- Advanced working understanding of the information technology and networking environment of a telecom company
- Relevant GSM / 3G /4G/5G Technical Training (Focusing on Cyber Security)
- Relevant Planning, Forecasting & data analysis trainings.
- Business Planning, Financial Evaluation and business feasibility reporting
- Financial Management
- New technologies seminar / training
- Vendor/Contract management training
- People management training
- B.Eng, BSc, BTech or HND.
Application Closing Date
13th May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online