SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Project Engineer (M/F)
Reference number: 2019-11979
Contract: Temporary work contract
Contractual hours: Full time
Contract duration: 1 Year Renewable
- In-charge of day to day running of the Projects on Site with the sole aim of ensuring Project objectives / targets are timely & satisfactorily achieved.
- For each project and based on any specific Management requirements, proposes Scope of Works, Implementation Strategy, Bill Of Quantities, Cost Estimates, Safety Risk Analysis, Budget Financial Risk Analysis and delivery Plan, etc. & presents same for approval.
- Plans the Execution of each project by establishing Work Procedures for each work package from Conceptual Design, Engineering Dossier to Procurement, Fabrications/Workshop works, Site Mobilization Preparations, Site Construction, Site Installations, Pre-Commissioning & Commissioning, Clients Documented Finished Works Acceptance, Site Demobilization and As-Built Documentation.
- Renders periodic site activity / project performance reports as required by the entity.
- Any other activities as may be assigned by the Project Leader.
- Professionalism in all work approaches.
- Excellent critical and evaluation capabilities.
- Problem solving and organizational skills.
- Strong professional communication skills, including written and oral.
- Design and drafting capabilities.
- Extensive leadership, management and delegation experience.
- Active listening, observation and perception skills.
- In-depth & complete understanding of architecture and structural engineering.
- Strong background in construction project management and risk assessment skills.
- Excellent research abilities and report writing to present information clearly.
- Have used and conversant with current standard Engineering Design codes of practice.
- Have used and conversant with current std. Civil Engineering Quality assurance and control codes
- Have large capacity for projects execution.
- Should have handled large building and other construction projects and show verifiable evidence.
- Capable of supervising and managing all aspects of the project on site independently with a sound judgement of site progress works.
- Capable of performing project cost estimates & evaluation.
- Good spoken English language and writes well and able to deliver reports accurately.
- Computer literate, conversant with projects mgt. tools e.g. Auto CAD, MS Projects, Primavera, advance Excel, Power points, Microsoft office etc.
- Sound health and energetic and able to work long hours on site under pressure and manage well.
- F-Engineering, manufacturing, construction
Minimum level of experience required:
- 10 years or more
- English (D-Full professional proficiency)
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online