Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey in the position below:
Job Title: Java Developer – Jumia Pay
Job type: Full time
- Jumia Pay is a new and free online payment service that enables you to send payments online securely, instantly, and cost-effectively.
In particular you will;
- Design and implementation of web-based back-end components that are high-performing and scalable.
- Participate and improve development processes such as Agile, Scrum and Kanban along with strong robust coordination processes related to software release, deployment and testing.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 3-5 years relevant experience in Java / J2EE developement with Spring framework, especially with modules such as Web, JMS, transactions with Core container.
- Excellent Knowledge in Data Structure and Algorithms.
- Strong experience with Maven;Strong experience with ORM (Hibernate) and SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- A strong sense for code quality, following/defining coding guidelines and experience with Unit-Testing and SonarQube.
- Experience working with a large code-base and version systems, ideally GIT.
- Pro-activeness, team player and positive attitude.
- Adaptable, meticulous, innovative with good problem solving skills.
- Excellent English skills.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment.
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world.
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online