We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Officer, Staff Appointments
Ref. No: ECW/HR/22031905
Institution: ECOWAS Commission
Department: Human Resources
Division: Staff Welfare and Employee Services
Line Supervisor: Principal Officer Staff Welfare & Employee Services
Supervising: HR Assistants Compensation & Benefits
- Under the supervision of the Staff Welfare & Employee Services, this position administers the arrangements for all staff appointments, including compiling appointment packs, drafting appointment/Renewal/Extension/Termination letters ensuring adherence to Recruitment guidelines, and issuing letters of appointment timely.
Role and Responsibilities
- Maintain database of the appointment letters and ensure accuracy of staff details are correctly captured and updated at all times;
- In conjunction with the Director Human Resources, prepare all employees offers contracts, permanent, temporary staff salaries in compliance with the contract agreement,
- Dispatch offers and collect assumption of duty documentation timely
- Facilitate the issue of appointment letters to all staff and ensure that records are kept up to date
- Support that payroll records are up to date and accurate with new staff whose appointments are confirmed and the letters are ready
- Plan staff on boarding/Exit and communicate timely information to Employee Relations Officer
- Ensure proactive and timely processing of staff exit
- Advise line managers and other employees on employment regulations and the employer’s own employment policies and procedures;
- Safeguard staff members right to work at the organization,
- Provide accurate management information as and when required ;
- Perform any other tasks that may be assigned by the Director Human Resources
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Law or Human Resource Management is required;
- technical knowledge of human resources management in a private/ public sector or international organization; in one or more of the following sub-functions: training, recruitment, performance management, manpower planning, salary policy, pension administration and/or the administration of employee terms and conditions of employment;
- knowledge of Staff Regulations, directives and policies of relevance to the execution of duties associated with the position.
- 3 Years’ experience in Legal or Human Resources Management;
- In-depth knowledge of Labor Law enforcement;
- In-depth knowledge of HR Management best practices;
- Practical use of Microsoft Office;
- Practical Knowledge of ERPs is an advantage
Ecowas Key Competencies:
- Ability to execute tasks, contact colleagues and contribute as needed towards decision making to ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner;
- Ability to respect chain of command in an appropriate manner;
- Ability to model and advocate for compliance, good work ethics, flexibility and persistence to get job done coupled with an ability to influence positive teamwork and cooperation;
- Ability to work in teams to carry out semi-routine work including assigning work, training and checking work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to engage with clients in positive exchanges that establishes mutual expectations, understanding and reduces uncertainties and conflicts;
- Ability to keep clients informed on matters of relevance to expectations, establishing “bring forward” systems and introducing other procedures/techniques to ensure that service standards are maintained;
- Ability to make decisions based on guidelines, procedures and precedents and maintain confidentiality and discretion with clients;
- Well-developed problem-solving, critical thinking and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to perceive the moods and feelings of others, and to understand the attitude, interests, needs, and perspectives of others;
- Well-developed ability to relate well with people from varied backgrounds, open to understanding diverse cultural differences especially within West Africa;
- Ability to listen attentively to people’s ideas, requests and concerns and to explain to others the need for diversity management in every day workplace practices;
- Basic understanding of the ECOWAS organization mandate and its functions;
- Ability to explain the functional area assigned to and the contributions it makes to the organization and its mandate;
- Knowledge of ECOWAS semi-routine procedures, processes and practices as it relates to assigned responsibilities and information systems;
- Ability to apply ECOWAS standards in emailing, reporting, correspondences, etc. and to contribute to implementing associated changes as directed.
- Ability to carefully review and check the accuracy of information in work reports provided by management, management information systems or other individuals;
- Good knowledge of office monitoring indicators of relevance to own work and ability to provide brief reports or updates;
- Ability to edit, check, track and review documents prepared by others and reorganize data or information according to instructions using latest technology;
- Efficiently retrieves, inputs, edits, formats, transmits and links electronic file data used for analysis and understands data management operations;
- Demonstrated computer skills to communicate using tools, to write and format documents appropriately for presentation, the web, proposals, reports and other documents;
- Ability to proofread, edit and revise documents to ensure they follow standard conventions for punctuation and mechanics and formatted in accordance to ECOWAS communication standards;
- Ability to relay/redirect complete and accurate messages to appropriate persons/departments;
- Proficiency in information communication technologies(ICT);
- Fluency in oral and written expressions in one of the ECOWAS official languages of the Community (English, French & Portuguese). Knowledge of an additional one will be an added advantage.
- Ability to organize information and materials for others, solving minor problems and checking for completeness and compliance to standards and instructions;
- Knowledge of techniques to prioritize tasks in fast paced workplace with frequent interruptions and moving deadlines and adaptability/ flexibility to meet work expectations;
- Understanding and adherence to the policies, procedures and guidelines required to support the ECOWAS planning cycle at the individual and organizational level;
- Good initiative with an ability to identify what needs to be done and take action in a proactive manner.
Annual Salary (UA 42,916.53/USD 67,713.70) / (UA 49,106.81/USD 77,480.72)
Application Closing Date
25th May, 2019.
The post HR Officer, Staff Appointments at the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) appeared first on RecentJobs.