First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Senior Analyst, Network Management (Core Maintenance & Rollout)
Ref No: 19000037
Organization: Technology and Services
Job Type: Full-time
Grade Range – From: Banking Officer
Grade Range – To: Assistant Manager
- Maintaining Network Architecture & Design and timely update of amendments.
- Establishing the networking environment, designing system configurations, directing system installations, defining, documenting and enforcing system standards
- Collaborate with IT management and department heads to assess near- and long-term Network System and Data Communication Capacity Planning and Growth.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
- Design and deploy company LANs, WANs, and wireless networks
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services
- Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Participate in managing all network security solutions.
- Manage all network services defined in the service catalogue and ensure achievement of OLAs
- Ensure proper documentation of all network and communication process/procedures and Configuration items
- Maintaining and Managing Core Network Systems and Data Communication
- Undertaking Data Network Fault investigation of Core Network Systems and Wireless Deployments
- Network Performance Monitoring, Traffic Policing and Priority Queuing to support critical services.
- Datacenter Extension and Business Continuity Management
- Enhance users’ experience to backend servers; applying compression, HTTP traffic optimization, load balancing and content switching with Citrix Netscaler ADC
- Design and Implementation of networks/new solutions and improving resilience of current environment
- Planning changes in line with approved Change management process
- Manage Wavelength Divisional Multiplexer, WDM and measure optical fibre links quality
- Integration of all third-party connections/ systems
- Preparing and maintaining procedures and documentation for network inventory bank-wide, recording incidents, diagnosis and resolution of network challenges, enhancements and modifications to networks, and instructions on network maintenance
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Head, IT Operations & Infrastructure or Group Head, Information Technology
- First degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Systems Engineering or Operational sciences with strong Information Systems component.
- A second degree in any of these disciplines and/or technical certifications will enhance performance though not essential
- Minimum experience: 2 years’ relevant work experience in the banking industry or ICT company
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online