MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Engineer, NSMC Satellite NOC (Supervisory)
Department: Network Operations
Employment status: Permanent
- Provide network management of all Satellite network related faults i.e. Configuration, Integration, Service Activation and Operations to ensure optimal network performance, as well as meet business objectives/plans
- Oversee network management; faults detection, analysis, troubleshooting, escalation and resolution of all Satellite network related faults, all year round.
- Acknowledge sites’ status on the Linkstar NMS and perform second-line maintenance of Satellite network faults.
- Work with Satellite support Engineer or Contractor to bring up new Satellite connection (Vsat) for corporate customer.
- Perform and Co-ordinate Antenna Line-Up Test for a new Satellite Backbone BTS site as well as check on all satellite network elements in MTNN.
- Oversee Configuration and of Satellite modems and DVB Receiver e.g. Paradise(P300, PD-10, PD-25), Radyne Comstream, DMD-15/DMD-20, SDM 4000, EF Data as well as daily reading of Satellite backbone connection of both National and International Voice Gateways to ensure continuous service availability.
- Perform/escalate Real Time Performance/Management of all Satellite network elements for effectiveness and provide daily reports for the next action to be carried out to improve network quality.
- Prepare Satellite Modem Data Interface cable to DB-connector and cross connect to MDF cut over to STM Link.
- Act as interface and also provide access reference number to MTN Contractors, Field Engineers, Operational Maintenance Center and Datacoms Engineers for planned work/change request and access to all MTN Location.
- Perform SATNOC duties as instructed by Satellite NOC Co-ordinator, e.g., correlation of outages, reporting, follow-up and resolution of specific network faults.
- Assist in the development of an automated process and effective environment to improve the performance of SATNOC as well as the NMC Shift Hand-over and ensure strict compliance.
- Ensure proper management and implementation of all network changes according to the organisation process and procedures to achieve the departmental set goal.
- Escalate all faulty devices or hardware detected after troubleshooting/diagnosing (which cannot be resolved remotely) to the Support Engineer for replacement and assist with resolution of complex faults in order to improve network performance.
- Provide service assurance support for customer in order to sustain continuous service operation according to set quality level.
- Escalate trouble tickets issued against all MTN Staff, other Corporate Customers, International providers, MTN contractors and all other unresolved faults to the Satellite NOC Co-ordinator and ensure timely resolution of such.
- Provide regular update on MTNN performance and other network issues to all the stake holders (Management, escalation unit, customer relations, and marketing) and other relevant department in MTNN.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office.
Requirements, Experience & Training
- Fluent in English
- First degree in Electrical Electronics /Computer Science/Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Hands-on experience in light current, telecommunications or a related field
- Satellite Fundamentals; knowledge and efficient use of Linkstar Management Tool (Viasat NMS), Basic Satellite Transmission Equipment, Spectrum Analyzer, etc.
- Basic knowledge of Cisco Router
- Best practices in Operational Maintenance Center, Satellite Operations, Network Management Center, Network Operation Center.
- BA, BEd, B.Eng, B.Sc, B.Tech or HND.
Application Closing Date
20th May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online