MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Coordinator, Availability and Capacity (Supervisory)
Department: Info Systems – Infrastructure Services
Employment status: Permanent
- To ensure that cost-justifiable IT capacity exists and is matched to the current and future agreed needs of the business in a timely manner.
- To ensure that the level of service availability delivered in all service is matched to or exceeds the current and future agreed needs of the business in a cost effective manner.
- To ensure that Events are detected, analyzed and appropriate control of action determined.
- To develop, implement and manage Capacity/Availability processes in line with IT and Enterprise Management strategies and best practices.
- Prepare capacity Plan which reflects the current and future needs of the business in preparing the budget for IT Infrastructure operations and services
- Prepare Availability Plan which reflects Single Points of Failure remediation in preparing the budget for IT Infrastructure operations and services
- Production and maintenance of an appropriate and up-to-date Availability Plan, which reflects the current and future needs of the business
- Production and maintenance of an appropriate and up-to-date Capacity Plan, which reflects the current and future needs of the business
- Provide advice and guidance to all other areas of the business and IT on all availability, capacity and performance related issues
- Ensure that service performance achievements meet or exceed all of their agreed performance targets, by managing and reporting IT Service performance and targets
- Ensure IT Application and Services do not exceed Availability Allowable downtimes in order to meet all IT Availability targets
- Performs High Availability tests on all IT critical services in order to identify Single Points of Failures, deal with findings and provide recommendations
- Provide High Availability Reports and Recommendations
- Assist with the diagnosis and resolution of performance- and capacity-related incidents and problems
- Assess the impact of all changes on the Capacity and Availability of IT services
- Modeling capacity forecasts using systems and business metrics
- Managing workload assignments across environment achieving optimal performance.
- Performing second level problem determination using monitoring and data collection tools in capacity related disciplines
- Analyzing performance data identifying bottlenecks and recommending alternative resolutions
- Producing ad hoc resource usage reports and analysis
- Identify production capacity risks in time to avoid service interruption or degradation
- Participate in all Customer Experience meeting in order to identify Availability and Capacity issues and deal with them
- Support the Division’s internal customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience regarding Availability and Capacity
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal and external suppliers.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
Requirements, Experience & Training
- First degree in Computer Science or any Information Technology( IT) related discipline
- Fluent in English
- ITIL Foundation certificate at the minimum
- Operating System Certification preferably Oracle or Windows
- 3 – 7 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Hands- on experience on Service Availability monitoring tools
- Any other Capacity and performance management tool knowledge will be added advantage
- Performance testing and capacity planning work experience in a technical environment
- IT Availability/Capacity Management deep understanding
- Good understanding of methodologies and the impact of the technology in question (ITIL Certificate preferred)
- Broad understanding of IT monitoring platforms, associated products and common IT management process
- BA, BEng, BTech, BSc or HND
Application Closing Date
20th May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online